Student Travel Grants for ISCA 2009
ACM SIGARCH and IEEE TCCA have generously provided funds to support travel grants for students to attend ISCA 2009.
Application information and regulations
The application form is available here. Please apply for as many of the funding sources for which you are eligible.
- We hope to be able to fund a significant number of non-author students, so it is worth the application in those cases.
- Please indicate on the application form which funds you would like to apply for. SIGARCH and TCCA funds require membership for eligibility. If you would like to join one or both of the professional societies, use the following links: SIGARCH, TCCA.
- Applications must be received by Friday, May 8th.
- We will notify you of the awards by Friday, May 15th.
- Participants in any workshop with notifications too late to meet the above deadlines should file an application all the same and note the pending workshop submission in the application where asked. We ask these applicants to update us (email@example.com) immediately after they are notified about the outcome of their paper.
Some notes on reimbursement
- Save all original receipts for reimbursement
- You may request funds to cover transportation and lodging costs associated with ISCA between June 20th and 25th.
- We can reimburse travel expenses only on US air carriers
- Meals and conference registration will not be funded (The student registration fee has been already greatly reduced, thanks to industry sponsors.)
- We will reimburse only actual expenses. This grant does not provide a per diem.
- When making your travel arrangements, be aware that we must reimburse you as an individual. (i.e, we cannot reimburse you for any expense that is originally paid by your institution)
Companion Travel Grants for ISCA 2009
SIGARCH is providing funds for a limited number of travel grants to attend ISCA 2009 for a companion care-provider for a conference attendee who is:
- a person with a physical disability necessitating a companion, or
- a parent of an infant less than one year old who cannot travel without the infant and a care-provider for the infant.
The only costs covered are those incurred solely for the transportation of
the companion. Shared transportation expenses, such as taxis, and
non-transportation costs, such as room and board, are not covered.
The application form is here.
The application deadline is May 15th, 2009. Awardees will be notified by May 15th, 2009.
Travel grant committee
||University of Virginia
||University of California, San Diego